If you are a person who loves to do things by yourself and always involved in building and fix up things, then you must require some Power Tools. It may be possible that you are having some brad nailer or nail gun for the purpose of completing any project. But if you have ever been involved in repairing the roots are placing your roof then you need a roofing nailer.
When it comes to choosing the best roofing nailer, then the one which is capable and powerful to take on the thickness of roofing material is taken to be the effective one. They are so convenient to use and so much strong that you can place a nail in just one pull of a trigger and get your work done in much less time.
How to choose a nail gun for roofing
Nail guns can be used properly for building various projects, but one thing which may confuse many people is to choose the perfect one for roofing purpose. One should know that all nail guns cannot be able to support all sizes of nails so the main purpose of a nail is to drive your nail according to the surface where the roofing working should be done. Therefore it is necessary to choose the perfect type of nail gun that is powerful and useful to work with the materials you are using for shooting the particular needs and make the job complete effectively.
This article act as a guide that may help you to find the perfect nail guns for roofing that will suit your need and worth of buying. Here we have compiled the list of the 5 best nail guns for roofing.
Best Selling Nail Guns for Roofing
5 Best Nail Guns for Roofing Review
1. Metabo HPT NV45AB2 Roofing Nailer
- APPLICATIONS: Ideal for installation of asphalt roofing shingles and insulation boards
- EASY FASTENER INSTALLATION: Side loading magazine, convenient and easy for quick replenishment
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At only 5.5 Lb., the NV45AB2 is lightweight and well balanced for easy maneuverability
- SPEED: Quick driving system, for maximum efficiency
- DEPTH ADJUSTMENT: Tool-less depth of drive adjustment, for precision nailing/flush driving
Installation of insulation boards and installation of Asphalt roofing shingles are some of the construction work which can easily be done by Metabo HPT NV45AB2 Roofing Nailer. It is very easy and convenient to use and can be quickly replenished. Being lightweight only having 5.5 LB of weight which makes it more convenient to use and also provides a good balance for easy manoeuvrability. When it is of no use with the help of its rubber pads, you can keep the nail from sliding off the roof. These roofing nails come with durability and having a pneumatic power feed and return that allows its tool to operate in the harshest condition as well.
- It is manufactured by Koki Holdings America Limited.
- The Item weight 5.5 pounds
- Its Product dimensions are 9x 4.5 x 10.2 inches
- Included components: NV45AB2, safety glasses, magazine shingle guide assembly.
- It comes with a style of “Metabo HPT NV45AB2 Roofing Nailer.”
- It comes off with high speed for maximum efficiency and a quick driving system.
- It is very easy to install.
- Easy and convenient to use and can be quickly replenished.
- Easily reduce wear and tear.
- Not enough power.
- The nails don’t come out straight.
The Metabo HPT NV45AB2 Roofing Nailer is a perfect nail with an enormous timesaver. This roofing nailer is a convenient to use and very time-saving tool. It is worth buying for easy manoeuvrability. As far as its speed is concerned, it is very well efficient comes up with rubber pads to make it more convenient to use.
2. BOSTITCH RN46-1 Coil Roofing Nailer
- The sliding nail gun has lightweight aluminum housing for job site durability
- Zero nail lockout feature of the siding nailer eliminates dry firing and indicates when to reload the magazine
- Nosepiece of the coil siding nailer features carbide inserts for long-life performance
- Aggressive wear guards and skid pads protect the tool from damage on abrasive surfaces
- Quick-set adjustable depth guide sets nails to desire depths quickly and conveniently
BOSTITCH RN46-1 coil Roofing Nailer comes off with a patented side loading sensor with zero nail Lockout and has insulation board, exterior drywall, and fibre cement applications as well. This is the best product for professional constructors and workers for roofing purposes and long-lasting performance. It is very powerful and capable of delivering 410 in. Force at 100 psi. It comes up with integrated death Silk that allows it for the toll-free depth of driver adjustment and fast delivery. It comes up with a dial that has 5 different settings for finding the driving depth for completing the task.
- Bostitch is the manufacturer of this roofing gun.
- It is very lightweight at only 5.8 lbs.
- The dimension of this roofing gun is 13.38x 14.38x 5.12 inches
- Plastic or steel has been used for making this product.
- Fast loading with patented single-action side load canister.
- Durable to use.
- Aluminium construction for providing manoeuvrability.
- Minimum nail lockout.
- Powerful and capable of delivering 410 in. Force at 100 psi.
- Double Fires
BOSTITCH RN46-1 coil Roofing Nailer is a high-capacity quick load magazine that helps in eliminating downtime. It also percepts nails with different lengths and diameters. Comes off with no nail Lockout feature that helps in eliminating dry firing when the magazine is empty. It is designed with tough aircraft-grade aluminium which provides full comfort and durability.
3. WEN 61783 3/4 Inch Pneumatic Coil Roofing Nailer
- Fire 11-gauge nails (.12 inches) anywhere from 3/4 to 1-3/4 of an inch
- Adjustable shingle guide and depth control makes for easy shingle spacing during jobs
- Holds up to 120 nails at a time with a quick release for easily fixing jams
- Uses pneumatic operating pressure anywhere from 70 to 120 PSI
- Includes a blow mold carrying case, oil, and hex wrenches
WEN 61783 3/4 Inch Pneumatic coil roofing nailer helps you with various tasks including fibre cement roofing, insulation boards, nail shingle, waterproof tar paper, siding, and many more. It has a versatile magazine that is capable of holding up to 120 nails at one time. Along with that it also allows nails for different sizes ranging from 1-3/4 off inches for allowing different sizes gauge. It also gives you an option to adjust the depth of the fire nails by turning the depth setting wheel present on the head of the nail.
It is also convenient for quick and easy spacing for shingles comes in different sizes as with the help of an adjustable single guide you can easily slide up and down the bottom of the magazine. This roofing nailer is so powerful that it is capable of providing 4:30 inch LBS of force at 100 PSI operating pressure. This roofing nailer also provides a comfortable job as it limits fatigue due to the help of its rubber grip handle.
- WEN is the manufacturer of this roofing gun.
- It is very lightweight at only 5.95 lbs.
- The dimension of this roofing gun is 5.5x 17.5x 16.3 inches
- Plastic or steel has been used for making this product.
- Is capable of providing 4:30 inch LBS of force at 100 PSI operating pressure.
- Helps you with various tasks including fibre cement roofing, insulation boards, nail shingle, waterproof tar paper, siding, and many more.
- It is very easy to install.
- Value for money.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- Having multiple shots on every Trigger pull.
- Sometimes double Fires.
WEN 61783 3/4 Inch Pneumatic coil roofing nailer is a high capacity quick load magazine which helps in eliminating downtime. It works best the cost of the gun just for the desired job. It is the perfect tool to make the job so much easier and faster.
4. Makita AN454 1-3/4 Inch Coil Roofing Nailer
- Faster nail driving speed for maximum performance
- Aluminum housing for longer tool life
- Lightweight design at only 5.2 lbs.
- Easy, one-step open, Adjustable canister system for faster, more precise nail loading
- “Tool-less” depth adjustment dial for more precise control in flush nailing shingles
Makita AN454 1-3/4 Inch Coil roofing nailer comes up with a combination of robust performance and rugged construction. This roofing nailer is very convenient to use as it is very lightweight at only 5.2 lbs. Makita AN454 1-3/4 Inch Coil roofing nailer also provides long-lasting performance with the help of a large carbide that inserts on the nose piece. It also reduces abrasion on the tool as it comes up with oversized steel wear plates. This Makita AN454 1-3/4 Inch Coil roofing nailer SS standard of point 120 shank diameter roofing nails that range from 3/4 inches to 1-inch nail length.
It is well designed with two fewer shingles for consistent shingle placement and easy adjustments. This also has a faster nail driving speed that is optimum for maximum performance. Makita AN454 1-3/4 Inch Coil roofing nailer is a one-step open and easily adjustable canister system that helps for precise nail loading with fast speed.
- Makita is the manufacturer of this roofing gun.
- It is very lightweight at only 5.28 lbs.
- The dimension of this roofing gun is 5.12x 13.39x 13.19 inches
- The item model number for this product is AN454.
- Having aluminium housing for longer tool life.
- Able to provide precise control in flash nailing single as it comes up with tool-less depth adjustment.
- It is very convenient to use as it is very lightweight.
- Value for money.
1. Sometimes double Fires.
Makita AN454 1-3/4 Inch Coil roofing nailer comes up with a built-in magnet that ensures proper nail driven. It consists of a tool-less single that is for consistent single placement and easy adjustments. Thus is also lightweight as compared to other rubber grapes which help in not slide off the roof. Having a high-quality gun that is easy to load, lightweight, and never jams. However, it is having a bit costly but worth the extra cost.
5. DEWALT DW45RN Pneumatic coil Roofing Nailer
- High speed valve technology drives at a rate of up to 10 nails per second.
- Ergonomic design is lighter than leading competitive coil roofing nailers.
- Robust engine and feed system for durability and long life.
- Steel skid plates with rubber inserts protect the tool and help to stop it from sliding.
- Depth adjust wheel with numbered detents helps drive nails to the proper depth into a variety of materials.
This DEWALT DW45RN Pneumatic coil Roofing Nailer has high technology that provides has speed drives and capable of driving more than 10 nails per second. It is also having high durability and long life. Consist of a depth adjusts bill with various detents for driving nails to the proper depth into a different variety of materials. It is also very lightweight, weighs only 4.5 lbs.
- Dewalt is the manufacturer of this roofing gun.
- It is very lightweight at only 5.2 lbs.
- The dimension of this roofing gun is 11.35x 5.55x 10.67 inches
- The item model number for this product is DW45RN.
- It is lightweight as compared to coil roofing mailers.
- Value for money.
- Easy to use.
- Capable of driving 10 nails per second as it comes up with high-speed valve Technology.
- Not enough power.
- Sometimes double Fires
This roofing nailer is worth investment and works great. It is built tough and consists of only a single plastic part (i.e. coil) which make it strong and convenient to use. Considering all these features, this roofing nailer is highly recommended to use.
Nail Gun Vs Staple Gun
Staple gun and nail can sometimes act quite similar, but they are different in some of the other ways. Both the guns are similar in a feature like pneumatic power; the difference is based on job types. Here we make a comparison between a staple gun and a nail gun so that you will be able to choose the perfect tool for your task to make it more convenient and easier.
Staple gun features
The type of fastener of fire into the materials being joined by the nail guns and staple gun provides, made them different from each other. Staple guns mostly can be used as furniture building guns. Though this task can be done by nail gun also but they usually cannot be able to hold the woodwork for so long and hence staple gun can be used to suit this need.
The staple gun is constructed in such a way that makes the material be in its place. The head is the main difference between a staple gun and the nail gun. As compared to the nails, Tafel has a larger head that is why it lives with much bigger holes and is advisable that one should not use a staple gun for finishing any carpentry work. Staple guns look like a Crown because of its rounded top rather than straight across, and that is why they are also called narrow Crown staples.
To function properly staple gun uses compressed air rather than oiling. Yes, it does not use any oil so you will not have to bear any problem regarding oil spending or change of oil. You do not need any tools to adjust the material because it comes up with an adjustable exhaust with a muffler that allows you to exhaust directly anywhere you want and hence you don’t need any other tool to adjust it. The staple gun provides clean work as it comes off with no-mar pads and hence does not leave any marks on your work area.
- It grips off very efficiently.
- It is a very convenient tool for using any fabric to the chairs or couches.
- Comparative to the nail gun it has a larger head.
- It can be used on plastic, foams, or leather.
- It leaves bigger holes than nails.
Nail gun features
Nail guns are a very lightweight tool and can drive 18 gauge brad nails at a time. Comes off with the feature that is helpful for improving manufacturing capabilities which in turn helpful for having all day long work. You can also be able to increase its power up to 30% as it comes up with a power adjustment tool and you are not having a headache of changing oil. It requires less maintenance and provides more work inefficient time as its main motive is to provide efficient working in less time. In most cases, it comes up with one carrying case.
It also gives you an option to adjust the depth of the fire nails by turning the depth setting wheel present on the head of the nailer. Nail guns are also convenient for quick and easy spacing for shingles comes in different sizes as with the help of an adjustable single guide, you can easily slide up and down the bottom of the magazine. Sometimes it also gives you an option to adjust the depth of the fire nails by turning the depth setting wheel present on the head of the nailer.
There is various kind of nail guns present in the market, but most common among them would be the brad nailer. It is considered for easy and effective work. Presently e almost every carpenter used this gun for finishing his work properly. Brad’s nail uses lots of things of small length which are glued together and give you a smooth flat head.
- A nail gun is used to bind harder and thick wood.
- This is the perfect choice for connecting thick boards or Woods into the walls.
- Can be used in making baseboards, caskets, panelling, millwork, cabinets, the rails of the chair, and many more.
Choosing between a nail gun and a staple gun
Making a choice between a nail gun and a staple gun then the task would be challenging. Although staple guns and nail guns are identified as similar, still they both have their own different and specific uses. Both these guns are designed for our convenience, but if not used properly, they can be dangerous as they are very powerful tools. You cannot use both the tools interchangeably even though they both used compressed air to shoot out Nails and staples in their materials.
According to the need and requirement of the work, you can select the nail gun or staple gun accordingly as both of them have different usage. In comparison, nail guns are used for thicker working types of material. On the other hand, staple guns may be used to hold light materials.
If you want to work on upholstery, then the staple gun is the perfect choice for your task. On the other hand, for any carpentry work, the nail gun is best suited.