Best Selling Zero Turn Mower Under $3000
Zero-turn mowers are known for their impeccable speed, maneuverability and power. It is an ideal source for mowing huge plots of land. These are machines that steer the rear wheels with lap bars and are capable of pivoting 180 degrees, which ensures that there’s no patch of uncut grass on the area while you turn. They also have the ability to cut closely around certain obstacles without the need to have the wheel whacker removed. Zero-turn mowers run at a speed of 7mph. Even though they can be a little expensive as compared to an average mower, but it is definitely worth investing in one of you have large lawns and are short of time.
Check out these best zero-turn mowers of 2020 that you can buy for a well-trimmed lawn.
Best Zero Turn Mower Under 3000 Review
1. HUSQVARNA Z254 54 IN. 26 HP KOHLER HYDROSTATIC ZERO TURN RIDING MOWER
- 26 HP Kohler engine provides reliable startups and a max speed of 6.5 MPH
- A patent-pending park brake system automatically activates or deactivates as the steering levers are moved outward or inward
Having a 26 HP engine, Husqvarna Z254 54in Kohler Hydrostatic Zero Turn Riding Mower offers the right power needed to cut grass on some rough terrains. It has a 45inch cutting deck, which renders a fantastic mowing experience. It is an ergonomically-designed machine with amazing controls that enables easy handling of the lawn mower. Its cutting deck is designed with stamped steel making it highly durable and strong.
The Husqvarna Z254 comes with some incredible features such as spring-assisted deck lift, LED lights, chrome-plated valves, big cooling fan and more. All these features are combined with high-quality performance, making this product a perfect buy for the value of your money. It is one of the best zero turn mowers under $3000.
- 54-inch wide cutting deck
- 26 HP Kohler engine
- Reinforced steel stamped cutting deck
- Air induction mowing technology
- Spring-assisted deck lifting
- Park brake system
2. ARIENS 915223 IKON-X 52″ ZERO TURN MOWER 23HP KAWASAKI FR691 SERIES
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning,...
Are you looking for an unmatched lawn mower that delivers reliable and good performance? If so, this Ariens 915223 IKON-X is one of the most reliable zero-turn mowers under $3000. It is equipped with a 25-inch cutting deck that is capable of delivering a sufficient amount of power required to mow a lawn quickly and efficiently. The cutting edge is designed using 10-guage steel that offers fantastic durability, making the product long-lasting. It has a comfortable, ergonomic seat that enables you to mow for hours without feeling exhausted.
- 10-gauge tubular steel frame
- 52-inch cutting deck
- 4-point dual arm deck hanging system
- 23 HP 726 cc Kawasaki V-Twin engine
- Not for sale in California
- Padded high-back seat with armrests and padded control levers
- 3-year warranty
3. HUSQVARNA Z242F 42 IN. 18 HP KAWASAKI HYDROSTATIC ZERO TURN RIDING MOWER
- 18 HP Kawasaki engine provides reliable startups and a max speed of 6.5 MPH
- Hydrostatic, no-maintenance transmission is worry free, allowing the mower to take on a variety of cutting conditions
The Husqvarna Z242F is much similar to the previous model Z254. It is known for its brilliant features such as a smaller 42-inch cutting deck, less powerful 18 HP Kawasaki engine, which still allows it to deliver amazing performance as compared to its price. The best part is the brand’s trademark quality control and you can buy it at a lower price than the other Husqvarna model.
It’s the peppy engine, size and easy handling count it as a nimble machine but its modern mowing deck is something that is known for delivering unbelievable results in both hilly and flat terrain. It also boasts some high quality features like the add-on compatibility, hydrostatic transmission and its heavy-duty construction while also offering an enjoyable, comfortable riding experience. The Z242F has some mind blowing qualities that matches perfectly with its price, making it one of the best zero turn mowers of the year.
- 42-Inch cutting deck
- Max speed of 6.5 MPH
- Hydrostatic transmission
- 18 HP Kawasaki engine
- Adjustable cutting height
4. TROY-BILT MUSTANG FIT RIDING LAWN MOWER WITH 34-INCH DECK AND 452CC ENGINE
- Powerful 452cc engine with EZT hydrostatic transmission packs enough power to mow large lots of rough grass
- Zero-turn maneuverability allows you to turn on a dime and save time
This one is a famous Mustang Fit lawn mower from the leading Troy-Bilt brand that you can buy within $3000. If you want to have a compact and slimmer zero-turn lawn mower, choose this model over any other. It delivers effective and potent mowing experience.
The machine is built impressively with features unmatched, something you would want to have in a top machine. Some of the main features include a comfortable and high seat, heavy-duty frame, hydrostatic transmission, padded handles, great detailing, rugged wheels and an amazing set of mowing blades. It is powered with a 452cc engine. It is known for these incredible features at an inexpensive price.
- 34-inch side discharge cutting deck
- 452cc engine
- High-back seat with dual suspension springs
- EZT hydrostatic transmission
- Mow-in-reverse capability
5. SNAPPER 2691317 360Z MOWER, RIDING, ZERO TURN, RED
- A fully-welded steel frame, thick-walled front axle, durable mower deck, and ball bearings in the caster spindles ensure durability and a great cut.
- High performance engine options mean you will have reliable Zero turn power Year after year.
This model by Snapper is an excellent machine without any major flaws. It shows a great balance between its price and quality, making it one of the ultimate zero turn mowers under $3000 that you can buy this year.
It has got a 42inch cutting deck and comes with rugged wheels boasting the power of 23 HP Briggs& Stratton professional series engine. The 360z model has got an amazing wide cut and a powerful engine, everything at an affordable price. The engine incorporates a super amazing ReadyStart system enabling you to skip choking and priming. It features comfortable seats, padded handles and a suitable set of wheels that ensures you are not easily tired while mowing a large lawn.
Moreover, you are also availed with a foot-operated height adjustment feature, nice detailing and a perfectly-welded steel frame
- 42-Inch deck
- Fully-welded steel frame
- ReadyStart system
- 23 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
- 13 height-of-cut positions from 1.5 to 4.5 inches
6. ARIENS ZOOM 34 – 19HP KOHLER 6000 SERIES V-TWIN 34″ ZERO TURN LAWN MOWER
The Ariens Zoom has an engine of 19 HP power, which helps it deliver a fantastic performance. Its compact size and 34inch cutting deck make it one of the best zero-turn lawn mowers for residential and commercial use. Despite being compact in design, you can handle it easily on large and rough lands.
With its foot-operated deck lift, you can adjust its cutting height easily. The most efficient feature about this Arien Zoom lawn mower is that it comes at a highly affordable price in comparison to the other land mowers on this list. So, if you are looking for a budget-friendly zero-turn lawn mower, this is the one you must buy!
- Kohler 6000 Series engine
- 19 HP 660 cc power
- 4-point professional deck and hanging system
- 34-inch cutting width
- 12-gauge stamped steel frame
- Foot pedals and gear shifter
- EZT integrated transmission system
7. Swisher ZTR2454BS
- Patented rapid response control system for improved comfort and control
- Front debris shield improves air flow and grass discharge
This one from Swisher is another impressive zero-turn lawn mower that allows quick and effective lawn mowing experience. It is a solid lawn mower built using stronger and sturdier materials and parts ensuring better cutting down of grass, minimizing the time of mowing altogether. Swisher ZTR2454BS incorporates 24 HP Briggs & Stratton engine, which helps you get ideal speeds and accurate performance exceeding industry expectations.
Its Briggs & Stratton engine is considered among the best designs in the market, helping you to receive the optimum results. In addition to this, the machine has an 8 gallon fuel tank, which means you will not stop mid-way mowing your lawn. It also takes good care of the machine. You can work for an entire day without any technical problems. One of the best features of this model is that it has got a foot-assisted deck lift. In case you don’t have a lift machine or jack lift, you can have this model to save money for an additional purchase.
Having a foot-operated deck lift enables you to lift up its deck safely without any additional machinery. You can easily reach the bottom of its front deck, which indicates you can sharpen and change your blades when needed. It also makes it easier to grease its moving parts as required.
- 24 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
- Sturdier materials that increase durability
- Foot-operated deck lift
- 8 gallon fuel tank
- 54 inches cutting width
8. Husqvarna MZ61
- Husqvarna 61 in. zero-turn lawn mower from the MZ series delivers commercial-grade power and amazing ergonomics
- 27 HP Briggs Endurance engine provides reliable startups and high ground speeds
If you are in search of a machine that is capable of handling long working hours, this Husqvarna model can be your best choice. On buying this budget-friendly zero-turn lawn mower, you can work with an excellent machine having the ability to work in rugged work conditions. In case you are a pro in professional landscaping, buy the Husqvarna MZ61 zero-turn lawn mower as a long-term investment. It offers all-time comfort to its users.
Among several features, the best ones include its 61inch mowing path, 27 Briggs & Stratton engine and a comfortable seat. If you usually mow large land areas that might take long hours to complete using a traditional riding mower, this is the machine to buy cutting down the working hours. You will not only reduce the time spent in mowing but also attract more customers in a day.
The machine comes with a 27 HP Briggs & Stratton engine, the leading engine products. Briggs & Stratton manufacture high-quality engines that successfully offer optimum power and it also uses fuel effectively. It is considered among the best engine providers in the market.
Husqvarna MZ61 boasts features that help landscapers more comfortable during long working hours. It has got a seat belt for extra safety if you are looking forward to operating it on inclined or hilly terrain. This machine works efficiently on rough and flatlands alike.
- 27 Hp Briggs & Stratton engine
- 61 inch cutting path
- 5 gallon fuel tank
- Ergonomic seat design
- Seat belt for safety
9. Troy-Bilt XP 25HP 60-Inch FAB Deck Zero Turn Mower
- Powered by a thrilling 25HP Briggs & Stratton commercial turf engine
- Equipped with a durable 60-inch fabricated deck
The Troy-Bilt XP 25HP 60inches FAB Deck Zero Turn Lawn Mower is one of the most durable and trusted lawn mowers in this price range. It is backed up with a 22 HP Briggs & Stratton powerful engine and has a 60inch cutting depth. The machine has got all the abilities to be called one of the best zero-turn lawn mowers to buy in 2020.
The most significant feature of this Troy-Bilt model is its high-power 22HP engine that offers an impeccable speed of 7mph. It also has a PTO feature, an electric power takeoff to have faster blade management. With its 60inch cutting deck, it easily allows mowing large areas without any issues. It offers side discharge capabilities and has 8 height adjustment positions, which helps to mow hilly terrains without difficulty. Its comfortable seat and 3-year warranty limit are some other essential features.
- 22 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
- Power Take Off (PTO) feature for faster blade management
- 3-year limited warranty
- 8 different height adjustment positions
- 60inch cutting deck
- Offers a speed of 7mph
10. Husqvarna 967324301 26 HP Kohler 7000 V-Twin Zero Turn Mower
- Kohler 7000 26hp v-twin engine
- 54-Inch reinforced stamped cutting deck
By now, you have an idea that Husqvarna manufactures the best zero-turn lawn mower models being the leading manufacturer in the industry. It is known for its excellent precision of designing power and outdoor tools, like this Husqvarna 967324301 Kohler 7000 V-Twin 26 HP Zero Turn Mower. It is popular for its reliability and fantastic functionality. It holds the capability of cutting grasses at a speed of around 8mph, which is great! You don’t need hours to mow the lawn in your house or office complex.
Talking about its main features, the mower has a dominating Kohler 7000 26 HP V-twin engine along with a cutting deck of 54inches. Like several other reputed lawn mower models, this one also boasts an electric clutch that enables smooth blade management. There are 4 anti-scalp rollers and dual hydro gear EZT transmission. It comes with exceptional design and aesthetics.
- Kohler 7000 26 HP V-twin engine
- 4 anti-scalp rollers
- Dual hydro gear EZT transmission
- Electric clutch for smooth blade management
- 54inch cutting deck
- Exceptional design
How to buy the best zero turn mower under 3000
Here are some points you must keep in mind when planning to purchase the best zero-turn lawn mower of 2020 below $3000.
Before purchasing a zero-turn mower, remember to know about its deck construction and frame details. Generally, a mower with a steel frame design is an ideal buy. Always nark the steel’s gauge – the lower is the gauge, the thicker is the material.
Mowers will great framework and deck construction is not just durable but also protects the rider on the seat.
Basically, the price if a zero-turn lawn mower is based on its engine. But, why the engine is so important? It is because a powerful engine promises a smoother ride without any problems.
If you are looking for a commercial-grade mower, they have a twin-cylinder OHV engine. This type of engine provides great performance and power over the single-cylinder equivalents. These are reliable for buyers searching for a high-power zero-turn mower for commercial use.
We always like to have trimmed grass in our lawns, both in the house and office area. So, it becomes important to have an easy height-adjustment feature in a zero-turn lawn mower you want to purchase. Always, check the product specification section well to ensure you get this feature incorporated.
Support to wide tires
One of the most significant features of a zero-turn lawn mower is that it is the best mower type for mowing large landscapes and yards. So, it is essential to make sure the mower can move around easily around the lawn. You can know about this capability by focusing on its tires. The wider are the tires, the better mowing you will experience on large yards. With wide tires, it gets easier to have the weight of the machine distributed well, making it smoother on the grass. They also help in improving traction.
If you are going to use your zero-turn mower frequently, it is important you have one which is comfortable for long working hours. To test its comfort, try sitting on one for some time before making the purchase. The seat should have a comfortable backrest and you should also see if it is easy to reach the control panel easily.
Choose the best zero-turn mower of 2020 below $3000 now, based on your budget and requirements. DO not forget to tell us about the product in the comments below.