Most Selling Riding Mower Under $1000
A riding lawn mower is the best if you need to maintain a large backyard or a large garden. It saves time and helps you to get a properly maintained lawn or estate without any hassle. But, the riding lawn mowers are on the expensive side. So, you need to choose the right mower within your budget. You can know about the Best riding lawn mowers under 1000 from this list along with a buying guide that we help you to choose the right mower within this price range.
Best riding lawn mower for the money
1. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
A great mower that offers a lot of features within this price range. This Troy-Bilt is compact and great for those who have a smaller space to store the mower. It is kind of a hybrid of a scooter and a mower and is very much comfortable. This riding mower has a great riding radius and offers a smooth finish. Additionally, it needs minimum maintenance and comes with a warranty.
- This Troy-Bilt 382 cc engine riding lawn mower is very user friendly. It is easy to use and you can drive it easily. You can understand its controls within minutes and can drive it comfortably for a long time.
- This mower has a cutting radius 30-inch with a steel-made cutting deck and has a turning radius of 18-inch. So, it is perfect for cleaning an estate of one acre or minimum-sized lawn. This cutting deck has five different adjustments for a better mowing experience.
- This mower can run at 4.25 MPH speed, which is decent for this price tag and it also makes mowing and cutting grass an easy job.
- This riding mower has a very comfortable mid-back seat. It is ergonomic and offers maximum comfort for a long time.
- The 382 cc auto choke overhead valve engine is powerful and works without any problem. Additionally, the 31*5 inch front wheel pairs and 16*6.5 inch back wheel pairs are great for mowing the narrow alleys and corners without any problem.
- This lawn has a unique feature and it allows you to mow your lawn in reverse gear.
- This mower has a fuel tank that allows the user to check the fuel levels.
- This mower also comes with two years of limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Six different speed transmissions and five different adjustments for a better mowing experience.
- This mower is very much easy to set-up and comes with a user manual that is easy to understand.
- It is very much user friendly and you can run this machine easily
- This model is not ideal for those who have never used a riding lawnmower. This is because you need to get familiar with the controls to drive this.
- This riding mower is not ideal for those who have landed with slopes and uphill terrains.
- This is not enough for heavy-duty work.
This model from Troy-Bilt has a lot of features like speed transmissions, reverse gear mowing and is easy to install. But it may not be ideal for those who have not used a riding lawn mower previously. So, buy it if you are familiar with mowers.
2. Husqvarna YTH18542 Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic Riding Mower
- 18.5 hp Briggs and Stratton Intek engine offers powerful performance
- Foot pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission allows you to change speed and direction, which lets you keep both hands on the steering wheel for optimum driving control
- Tight 16 in. turning radius allows you to mow in tighter spaces and navigate around obstacles Adjustable 13 in. mid-back seat, ergonomic steering wheel and easy step-through design provide comfort and easy operation
- 42 in. reinforced cutting deck with air induction mowing technology and dual anti-scalp wheels
- Reverse operating system allows the operator to mow in reverse with a simple turn of a switch
Although it is a little higher than the said budget it is among the best riding lawn mowers under 1000. This Husqvarna is a powerhouse performer. It is easy to operate and has so many features that you will be compared to buy it. It has a zero transmission rate and offers you noise-free mowing without disturbing anyone. It is highly adjustable and makes every cutting experience comfortable.
- The engine from Briggs and Stratton is enough to power this mower.
- The hydrostatic transmission has a foot pedal that allows you to change direction without disturbing your hands and allows you ultimate control over the mower.
- It has a 16-inch turning radius which is impressive and you can mow down to a greater surface at a single stroke.
- The company has given importance to the seat. A 13-inch mid-back seat with an ergonomic design is a breeze for those who want to have comfort.
- It has a very large cutting deck. The 42-inch reinforced stainless steel made cutting deck comes with the innovative technology of the air induction cutting method. This allows you to achieve even-finish without any problem. Additionally, you also get dual anti-scalp wheels.
- This Husqvarna riding mower comes with seamless speed and you can even mow down your lawn in reverse gear with one press of the switch.
- The fender-mounted cutting height adjustment is another benefit here.
- Powerful engine from Briggs and Stratton.
- 16-inch turning radius
- 42 inch reinforced cutting deck with adjustments and anti-scalp wheels
- Zero transmission
- Allows the user to mow don lawns in reverse gear
- It is perfect for every terrain
- Extremely lightweight and easy to maneuver
- The engine does not have enough horsepower
- The warranty period is very short
This mower from Husqvarna has a powerful engine and a strong 42-inch cutting deck with different cutting options. It is perfect for even rough terrain. But, the HP is lower and it needs more time to complete the task. Hence, if you have a small to medium lawn and need to mow in season go for it.
3. Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Riding Lawn Mower
- Premium 420cc Troy Bilt OHV engine with oil filter
- 7 speed transmission
- 42 inch steel deck with dual blades
- Mulch and side discharge
- Steel front axle, comfortable mid back seat, OCR mow in reverse
If you want to have a lawnmower that is cheap yet offers a decent mowing experience then you need to consider this mower. It is the second one from Troy-Bilt in this list and amazes with its performance and features. It has a powerful engine and a wide cutting bade that is enough for a medium to a large estate. It is ideal for regular use and runs on gas.
- The 420cc OHV engine comes from the company and is a great performer.
- This engine runs on gasoline. It has an advanced oil filter that prevents oil mix up and saves the engine.
- The 42-inch wide cutting deck has dual blades for a better and even finish.
- There are seven different speed transmission options that you can use as per the requirement.
- You can mulch or discharge the clippings through sides. But, the mulching bag does not come with this model.
- The steel front axle makes the body of this mower extremely powerful and durable.
- This Troy-Bilt riding lawn mower has an ergonomic mid-back seat. You can sit on it for long hours without any discomfort.
- It also allows you to mow in reverse motion.
- This mower from Troy-Bilt has an oil filter that increases the life of the engine.
- The 42-inch wide cutting deck with a dual blade is bliss.
- This mower is easy to operate and installation is also easy.
- It is a low-maintenance mower.
- There is no speed adjustment available.
- Some users have said that riding is not that comfortable.
Troy-Bilt Pony comes with a very durable body and a powerful OHV engine and 42-inch dual cutting blade. This is great for personal use. It is easy to operate but you do not get any speed adjustment. Therefore, if you have light to medium intense mowing work, you can go for it.
4. Weed Eater WE-ONE 26-Inch 190cc Briggs
- 190cc 26-Inch Deck
- Friction Disk Transmission
- 3 Forward and 1 Reverse Speed
- Electric Start (no re-coil); 3-Inch Blade Adjustment
- Non-CARB Compliant/Not For Sale In California
This is one of the best riding lawn mowers for the money. It is great if you do not want to spend a lot of money but want to own a riding mower that is enough for personal use. It has every basic and advanced feature for a decent cutting experience. Besides that, it comes with adjustable decks and great wheels. If you live in flat terrain and want a fast mower, then you should purchase the Weed Eater model.
- The 190cc Briggs engine powers up this machine and makes it a very powerful mower in this price range.
- This mower comes with four different speed transmission options (three forward and one backward) and has a maximum speed of 4.25 MPH in the forward direction.
- It has a 26inch cutting blade. This blade has five adjustable positions which provide a comfortable and satisfying mowing experience
- This mower has an impressive turning radius of 18inch. The strong wheels are there to make it a perfect riding mower for you.
- This weed eater has a no-recoil electric start that makes operating it easy and comfortable.
- This machine is non-CARB compliant and makes less noise.
- This mower is very easy to operate
- The 190cc engine makes it very powerful
- A turning radius of 18-inch
- Four different speed transmission
- Adjustable cutting blades
- This mower is not a good option if you have a large area to cover. It may require hours to complete bigger tasks.
- It is not usually available easily
A non-CARB noise-proof riding lawn mower with 190 cc engine. It has a turning radius of 28 inches and runs at a maximum speed of 4.25 MPH. It is user-friendly and comes with adjustable cutting blades. But, this machine is a little slower and is not always available in shops.
5. Husqvarna LTH1738 Hydrostatic Gas Riding Lawn Mower
- Reinforced cutting deck delivers superior durability, season after season
- Pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission improves performance and control
- Air induction mowing technology lifts grass for a precise cut
- Ergonomic steering wheel ensures consistent handling
- Optional add-on attachments provide versatility
This is a little on the expensive side but does what it claims. It is one of the best riding mowers in the market. This has advanced technology coupled with the assurance from Husqvarna. So, if you are willing to spend a bit more you can definitely consider this model. This model accepts all the universal mower accessories and you can add any accessory you want. It is also great for mowing medium to large areas.
- The Hydrostatic engine is versatile and long-lasting. It offers a seamless experience to the mower.
- This model also comes with innovative air-induction mowing technology to enhance the airflow within the 38-inch cutting deck. This, in turn, lifts the grass and offers an identical and consistent mowing experience every time you use it.
- The reinforced cutting deck is extremely durable and lasts for a long time with maintenance.
- The foot pedal hydrostatic transmission system makes it a stellar performer. It also allows you to control the machine without any problem and you do not need to use your hands while driving.
- The steering wheel is ergonomic and offers better control,
- You can add accessories to this riding mower to make it a versatile machine and increase its performance rate.
- The foot-pedal operated hydrostatic transmission allows you to change the direction and control the machine without using your hands.
- It has an ergonomic steering wheel
- The 38-inch cutting blade with advanced air-induction technology offers seamless cutting and mowing.
- The seat is comfortable.
- It accepts almost every universal mowing accessories
- The warranty period is smaller.
- It is expensive in this budget range.
This mower from Husqvarna comes with innovative air induction technology and a powerful engine for faster job and even finish. It also accepts all types of accessories. But, it is a little costly, if your budget is not an issue, it is the perfect match.
6. Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER 28 inch Riding Mower 2691525
This is definitely the next generation riding mower in this range. Snapper is a trusted name in the case of the riding mowers and always offers innovative features and the latest facilities in their models for a better experience. Like any other snapper model, it is also user-friendly. That means you do not need to have a lot of knowledge even if you are a novice. Anyone can control this mower. This classic rear-engine riding mower is great and offers a lot of features. F you want to have a mower that is great in features and offers the best mowing experience, you need to buy particularly this model.
- This machine is very much user-friendly. It is easy to start and easy to operate. The rider can change the lever position or move it in any direction without any problem. This riding mower comes with different speed adjustments which are great for cutting the nooks and corners.
- The steering is very easy to handle and allows you to change the direction swiftly.
- This riding mower from Snapper has different speed variations and also has a reverse speed option.
- You can mow in both forward and backward directions with this mower.
- It is compact and takes less space in storage.
- This mower also offers great visibility. That means you can spot trees and flower beds while operating it.
- The mower comes with an adjustable cutting blade that can change its portion on demand.
- The oil change hose is a great advantage, You can use this hose to drain excess oil after mowing and before storing it in the winters.
- This mower is very much user-friendly
- It is great for those who have smaller space and need a compact riding mower.
- It allows the user to view things from a distance while mowing.
- The mower remains in a vertical position while you change the blade.
- It is also easy to clean.
- The snapper riding mower comes with three years warranty
- Users need to learn to operate the cutting blades at the initial stage
- It is on the heavier side
- Not great for uneven terrains
Snapper 2911525BVE is a classic rear engine riding lawn mower with a compact design. You can view from a distance and it remains stable in most portions. If you want to have a machine that is easy to use and maintain then choose it. But, it is not light and may not provide the desired result for an uneven surface.
7. Craftsman Z560 24 HP Briggs & Stratton Zero Turn Riding Mower
- POWERFUL BRIGGS AND STRATTON GAS ENGINE WITH READYSTART: Powerful 24 horse power gas engine suitable for larger yard jobs while ReadyStart technology provides a quick, efficient start.
- 54-INCH CUTTING WIDTH WITH INCLUDED DECK WASH: Riding lawn mower comes equipped with wide 54-Inch deck for cutting, trimming, and clipping grass in one quick sweep. Included deck wash saves time when underside cleaning.
- MOW-IN-REVERSE: Mower can continue to cut when in reverse; no need to pause your yard work!
- 360 DEGREE TURNING RADIUS: Change direction in an instant for more efficiency.
- SUPPORTIVE HIGH-BACK SEAT: High-back cushioned seat provides optimum comfort.
This lawnmower is affordable but never compromises on its performance. It is one of the best riding lawn mowers for the money. If you are keen enough not to cross the 1000 dollar budget then you need to consider this model for once. It is great for those who have small to medium lawns and do not want to spend a lot of money. This model runs on gas and offers great performance. It is reliable and lasts for a long time. Additionally, this model from craftsman requires minimum maintenance.
- The engine comes from Briggs and Stratton, which are known for their powerful engines. This 24 HP engine is enough to complete even the toughest job. The 382 cc gas engine is suitable if you have medium to large lawns.
- This model comes with six different speed options. This includes one reverse speed option. So, you can choose the speed as per the job.
- The 30-inch cutting deck is enough for almost any yard. This cutting deck clips grass faster than you can imagine. You also get a deck wash with this model. So, washing and maintaining the deck became easier than ever.
- The supportive mid-back seat is ergonomic and offers you the comfort that you desire. This sear also has a thick padded back for extra comfort.
- The 13-inch front wheels and 16-inch back wheels are made with premium material and last for a long time.
- Dimension: 64*34*26 inches
- It weighs 330 pounds, which is lighter and easy to maneuver
- It also supports a turning radius of 18 inches, Hence, you can mow down a large section of the area at a single stroke.
- The 1.3-gallon fuel tank is enough to complete medium to light mowing tasks.
- The model comes with an included mulching kit, deck wash and forwards fender for your convenience
- This model is very much affordable.
- The engine is powerful and lasting
- The mower offers a comfortable riding experience
- The deck wash is a bliss
- You also get an additional mulching kit
- Different speed options
- This model is not available in many stores
- It is not ideal for uneven terrain or lawns with slopes
Craftsman R105 382 cc riding mower has a strong and durable body and also has a cutting blade with power. You also get a mulching kit with this mower. There are also different speed options for a consistent finish. But this model is hardly available and is not great if you need to work on uneven terrain. So, if you live in a smooth and flat area, it is the best option.
8. Husqvarna 960430212 Riding Lawn Mower
- FAST auto transmission for a maintenance free operation
- Air Induction mowing technology improves airflow within the deck, ensuring a consistent cut every time
- Convenient fender mounted deck lever is spring assisted for easy operation
- Deck wash port to easily connect your water hose to the underside of your deck for washing
- 3 year limited, 5 year frame/chassis and front axle consumer warranty
Another product from Husqvarna is this list. This is a model that is affordable but can give tough competition to the premium models. It is a lawnmower with fast continuously variable transmission technology Which means it allows you to work continuously to complete your mowing job faster. Besides that, it has one of the widest decks on this list. This makes it a perfect buy for those who want to have a professional mower at the price of a personal use model.
- This model comes with fast auto transmission technology. That means it requires minimum maintenance. The 46-inch cutting deck is wide enough to cut or clip grass of a large surface in a single stroke. The cutting blade also comes with futuristic and advanced air induction mowing technology. This improves the airflow inside the deck and lifts the grass so that you get an even finish.
- The fender rounded deck is convenient and has a lever with springs for better operation.
- This machine proves that maintenance is easier than ever. The cutting deck wash port connects with a normal water hose without any problem. That means you can wash the deck conveniently whenever you want.
- You also get 3 years limited warranty on the model and 5 years on the frame, chassis and front axle warranty with this model.
- This machine offers great features at an affordable price.
- The 46 inches wide cutting deck is enough for the toughest jobs
- The machine also has innovative airflow technology for an even and consistent finish.
- The warranty period is great.
- The reverse gear is not that powerful.
- You need to stop the engine with the keys after each usage.
- The choke lever does not work properly unless you adjust the screws properly.
- The operation manual is difficult to understand
Husqvarna 960430212 YTA22V46 comes with a 46-inch versatile cutting blade with airflow technology. Besides that, it has a great warranty period and needs minimum maintenance. But, according to some users, it may need some nominal adjustments to work properly.
9. Troy-Bilt 540cc Briggs & Stratton 46-Inch Riding Lawnmower
- Powered by a reliable 19 HP/540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek engine and a Foot-Pedal automatic transmission
- Featuring power and operator comfort, this automatic mower is ideal for mowing large areas
- Soft touch steering and a mid-back seat for ultimate comfort
- Equipped with a large 46-inch side discharge mowing deck and Mow-In-Reverse capabilities
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
If you want a mower that is perfect for personal use and is the best riding lawn mower for the money then it is a great option, This model from Troy-Bilt offers a lot of great features. The 2018 edition is more advanced than the previous editions. So, it is better to look for the latest model while you go shopping. It has different speed transmission options and a large seat that can accommodate larger uses without any problem. It is also a great buy if you have a larger body frame or on the heavier side.
- The 19HP 540cc Briggs and Stratton intek engine is great and power this mower for a long time.
- There is a foot- pedal for the automatic transmission that allows you to control the mower while riding it.
- It is an automatic mower and offers maximum comfort.
- The soft-touch steering is great for those who do not want to put a lot of effort into the steering.
- The seat has an open area in front of it. So, you can rest your leg without any problems. This mid-back seat is great for those who have a larger body frame.
- The 46-inch cutting deck comes with a side discharge mowing facility and also can mow your lawn in reverse.
- It has a maximum speed of 5.3 MPH, which is among the highest speed on this particular list.
- The powerful engine from Briggs and Stratton
- The 46 inches wide cutting deck with side discharge option
- The two years limited warranty
- Power steering
- Great for large users
- Some users have said that the deck becomes loose with time.
- May require frequent maintenance services
Troy-Bilt Intek riding lawn mower is the ideal choice for those who want to have a comfortable riding experience; it has a 46 inch wide cutting blade and power steering along with a great seat. This machine is fast and works fine. But, it may need to go to repair shops if you use it extensively.
10. Snapper 2691319 360z Zero Turn Mower
- The integrated rear cargo bed makes this zero turn more versatile than ever before. Plus, the rails allow for the use of aftermarket ATV accessories and two pre-determined cutouts provide easy insertion of a wooden 2x4 For a convenient removable tailgate.
- A fully-welded steel frame, thick-walled front axle, durable mower deck, and ball bearings in the caster spindles ensure durability and a great cut.
- High performance engine options mean you will have reliable Zero turn power Year after year.
- A durable fabricated steel mower deck for non-stop mowing season after season. All fabricated decks come with a limited lifetime . See operator's manual or dealer for complete details.
- The commercial-style foot-operated mower deck Lift easily lifts and adjusts the mower deck between 13 height-of-cut positions from 1. 5 to 4. 5 inches.
This is one of the best zero turn mowers under 3000 on this list. This is another model from Snapper that is a great choice among the buyers. It is compact and comes with a carrier to carry the grass while you are mowing the lawn. It has a professional engine that increases its shelf life. You can easily mow any lawn without thinking about the problems or finish.
- This ZTR comes with integrated cargo that can carry up to 50 pounds of grass and clipped items.
- It has a strong steel body with thick front axles and ball bearings. So, it lasts for a long time.
- You get different ATV ports with the riding lawn mower, SSO, you can add accessories and upgrade it according to your choice.
- The powerful engine from Briggs and Stratton allows you to mow down a lawn faster and gives you an even finish.
- The 48-inch deck is the widest in this list. This deck is great for those who have a large yard. This is a commercial cutting deck and you can lift it easily to move it. The cutting deck also comes with 1 different position ranging from 1.5” to 4.5”. You can adjust the height with the foot-pedal.
- It has a high back seat and bendable controls.
- You also get cup holders and a small storage box to store your belongings.
- Integrated design
- 48 inch wide cutting deck with 13 different positions.
- The engine is very powerful
- One year warranty
- There is no hour count on the display panel
- The bag needs time during installation
- If you opt for mulching then you might experience a thin strip of untouched grass
Snapper 2691319 360Z comes with a 48 inches wide cutting deck and a powerful engine. It also has 13 changeable deck positions along with a foot-pedal to control it. But, you may need some help with the installation. Besides that, it is a little expensive for budget watchers.
How to buy the best riding lawn mower under $1000
You are going to buy the best riding lawn mowers under 1000. Since your budget is very nominal, you may not be able to find a lot of options. But, you can choose any of these models which may come in your budget range wisely. Here are some features that you need to look at in the model before you buy it.
- Always make sure to check the horsepower of the model, The more HP the more powerful engine. So, try to choose models with a higher HP for a better experience.
- You need to buy a model that is lighter so that you can carry it to different locations easily. But, if you are on the heavier side then you may need to buy one that is a little heavier and supports users who have large body frames.
- Try to check the cutting blade before choosing a particular model. Wider-cutting blades allow you to cut a lot of grass at a single stroke. Besides That, check if the cutting deck has adjustable positions for better control. You can also opt for the cutting decks with airflow technology to get a consistent finish. Additionally, you need to keep an eye on the blade style. A blade that offers cutting, clipping and mulching is a great option.
- You also need to think about the turning radius. A larger turning radius means you can cut more efficiently in less time.
- The speed is also important here. If a riding lawn mower has a higher speed then you will be able to complete your work faster. Try to choose a riding lawn mower that comes with different speed settings and one reverse speed option.
- Warranty is also another important point. Always try to buy mowers with a warranty period because you will not need to spend money if some problem happens.
- Also, check for a mid-back or high-back seat design that is ergonomic. It will allow you to ride the mower for a long time without any discomfort.
You need to remember that a mower needs a little maintenance to last for a long time. Hence, properly clean the mower before you store it away. It is better if you empty the fuel tank and clean the deck or clippings bag before you store it away. Also, try to use a cover for the mower to protect it.
The list is complete and you have some expert tips on how to choose the right mower. Therefore, if you are going to shop for a mower, make sure to choose any of these models that suit your requirements.