Best Selling Commercial Zero Turn Lawn Mower
Lawn mowing is one of the most important aspects of gardening and maintaining a great looking yard. However, the process of lawn mowing requires a good number of proper tools, techniques and how to use them. Many times we end up purchasing a lawn mower that might not be appropriate for your area of the yard or the type as per your needs. So, if your yard is a large one, it is only appropriate to go for a commercial zero turn lawn mower. So, what is a commercial zero turn mower and how are they different from the residential lawn mower.
What is a commercial zero-turn lawn mower like?
The commercial lawn mowers are the machines which are utilized by the professional lawn mowing services to help mow your lawn. These are generally of a regular heavy built and used almost every day of the week. So, it is but obvious that they need to be strong, sturdy and made for the job.
The quality of a commercial lawn mower directly translates to the ‘built’ of the machine. As the lawn mower needs to be used ‘heavily’ and more regularly than the residential lawn mower, it is required that it must be of good quality. These are designed to withstand the heavy-duty job that they are destined to endure. For this, they consist of high-quality engines, a sturdy structure, and overall good construction. The engines of the commercial zero turn lawn mower are also many folds higher in horsepower.
These quality features are much necessary for regular use, rapid heavy-duty and have a slightly rough handling ability. The application of the commercial zero-turn mowers is on a golf course, playgrounds, and alike of sports fields. Also, there are times when a certain lawn is of challenging terrain and is littered with tall grass, weeds and plants all over. For such an application a commercial zero turn mower is a perfect choice.
Best Commercial Zero Turn Lawn Mower Review
The other determining aspect of a commercial zero turn lawn mower is the pricing that they stand for. These machines are on the pricier side in comparison to the residential version. This is essential because the commercial zero turn mower comprises certain complex features. Also, various other factors such as the manufacturer and the type also go a long way in determining the price of a lawn mower.
This is one of the major differences between the commercial and the residential lawn mowers. The commercial versions need to endure long hours of operations. Sometimes these are under constant functioning for a number of hours at an end. Therefore, the engines of the commercial zero-turn mowers are meant to be stronger and are of higher horsepower.
It is required for a commercial zero-turn lawn mower to be compiled with more complex features. This is essential because the functions are of tougher nature and the working hours are also longer. This requires a more sophisticated system that allows the work to be done with great efficiency. The various features that are unique to a commercial zero turn lawn mower are the grass collection system, the mulching system to name a few. These are also determined by the price tag that they carry, as more complex the machine the higher is the price tag.
Now, that we have understood what sets the commercial zero turn lawn mower aside, let us take a look at the top 10 best commercial zero-turn mowers 2020:
1. Husqvarna MZ61 61 in. 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic Zero-Turn Riding Mower
- Husqvarna 61 in. zero-turn lawn mower from the MZ series delivers commercial-grade power and amazing ergonomics
- 27 HP Briggs Endurance engine provides reliable startups and high ground speeds
This is a great commercial zero turn lawn mower that is designed for better performance, higher productivity and easy to use accessibility. The machine comprises a heavy-duty steel frame body and a unique Hydraulic system included. This machine is a beast in the field with a cool rugged fabricated deck that is featured to mulch and collect.
- This machine comprises zero degrees turn radius.
- Includes comfortable steering.
- It also has an hour meter with a service reminder.
- Has 9 Bushel Collection System.
The Final Verdict
This is an efficient commercial zero turn lawn mower that is designed to withstand some heavy-duty grass cutting. If you are in need of a rapid work of lawn mowing done professionally then this model is a must. However, there can be a certain ‘getting’ require as the functions need to be understood well to be used appropriately.
2. TimeCutter SS4225 42 in. 22-HP Kohler Zero-Turn Riding Mower with Smart Speed
- TimeCutter SS4225 42 in. 22-HP Kohler Zero-Turn Riding Mower with Smart Speed
This is quite an efficient commercial zero turn mower which can be used for a residential purpose as well. This is a sturdy machine with a power built and a strong steel body. This lawn mower features a unique smart speed, and is gasoline-powered.
- It has 22 HP/725 cc engine.
- Comprises of the 42-inch deck.
- It features a water hose connection.
- It has an engine guard.
- It has a 3-gallon fuel capacity.
- 3 years warranty included.
The Final Verdict
This is a great commercial zero turn mower if you are on a budget. The features are great with high-efficiency twin engines and 3 years of warranty are of great use for the customer. However, you might want to consider a few facts like the fuel consumption is on the higher side and the deck is slightly flimsy.
3. Husqvarna 967324301 26 hp Kohler 7000 V-Twin Zero Turn Mower, 54″
- Kohler 7000 26hp v-twin engine
- 54-Inch reinforced stamped cutting deck
This is a medium built commercial zero turn mower that can be used for residential purposes as well. The machine is ergonomically designed and comfortable to use with various features. Powered by the 26 Horsepower 7000 engines, this is a strong machine for efficient use on yards and large spaces alike.
- Comprises of stamped steel deck.
- It has anti-scalp rollers.
- Automatic parking brakes are also included.
- It has a Rear engine guard.
- It also features integrated headlights.
The Final Verdict
This is a good machine if you have a medium to large space area to deal with. The price is reasonable if you are looking for a machine that is on a budget and also well-featured. However, you might want to consider the design you are dealing with and also the forward acceleration is something you will have to bear with. Overall a great buy, as the features are perfect for people who need a comfortable operation.
4. Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning,...
This commercial zero turn mower is from a trusted brand house of Ariens. The machine is made from good quality material making it sturdy and strong. Along with the powerful Kawasaki engine, making it almost of the commercial quality.
- Powerful 23 hp/726 cc Kawasaki FR V twin engine
- Features 52 inches fabricated deck which is 4 ½ inch deep and 11-gauge steel
- Made of tubular steel frame
- Comprises of a 4-point dual arm deck hanging system.
The Final Verdict
This is a good machine if you have a medium to a large lawn with hills in the terrain. The machine comes with various comfort features that can make the process of mowing an easy task for the users, especially working for longer hours. However, the product can get a bit noisier at times and might need attention. You will also have to consider the arc of the ‘hill’ region if any on your lawn. A great buy overall for a good brand at a good price.
5. Swisher ZTR2454BS-CA Response Gen 2-24 HP/54 B&S ZTR Zero Turn Mower, 54″, Black
- Patented rapid response control system for improved comfort and control
- Front debris shield improves air flow and grass discharge
This commercial zero turn lawn mower is a perfect combination of high performance, good quality and comfort in a single unit. This mower comprises 24 HP/72 cc Briggs and Stratton engines and a 3.5-gallon tank. The 54-inch cutting deck along with 3 Gator mulching blades makes this into a power house of performance.
- Features the unique rapid response system
- Includes front debris shield for a better airflow
- Has a transmission of Hydro-Gear 2800 transmission and Ogura clutch
- Features a 24 HP power engine
The Final Verdict
This commercial zero turn lawn mower is perfect for a large space mowing that needs to be covered in a short time span. The machine includes various features which makes it comfortable for the users despite the fact that this is a costly buy. Overall a great machine which is designed for comfort and high performance, if you can get over the bulky design.
6. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
- Powered by a 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine with top forward speeds of 4.25 MPH and a 6-speed transmission
- The 30-Inch cutting deck featuring 5 adjustable settings couples the benefits of a standard riding mower with the size of a wide cut walk behind mower
This is a high-powered good built machine with a 382 cc Auto Choke OHV engine. The maximum speed offered is 4.25 MPH and transmission of 6-speeds. This commercial zero turn mower is perfect for a medium-sized yard with relatively even terrain.
- The machine features a 30-inch cutting deck.
- Offers 5 adjustable settings
- The design includes an 18-inch turning radius, 13X 5-inch front wheels and 16X 6.5-inch rear wheels.
- Features easy blade engagements.
The Final Verdict
This is a fine lawn mower if your area of operation is of medium size. The various features offered makes it a good buy for comfortable use. However, you might want to reconsider if you have a very large lawn or yard and can work with no-arm rest on the seats. Overall a great buy at a good price.
7. Husqvarna Z254 54 in. 26 HP Kohler Hydrostatic Zero Turn Riding Mower
- 26 HP Kohler engine provides reliable startups and a max speed of 6.5 MPH
- A patent-pending park brake system automatically activates or deactivates as the steering levers are moved outward or inward
This is a fine lawn mower which is powered by a 26 HP Kohler engine and a maximum speed of 6.5 MPH. The machine is user friendly and efficient as it has an exclusive patent pending park brake system. This automatically activates and deactivates according to the movement of the steering inward or outward.
- The steel stamped deck made of flat stock steel
- Three-in-one operation of discharge, mulching and bagging is done
- Features the exclusive air induction mowing technology.
- The overall steel built offers maximum durability
The Final Verdict
This is a good buy if you can handle the assembling aspect of it, or get some ready help to do so. The features are too good to be true and worth the slight ‘glitch’ of the assembling aspect. However, with the powerful engine and speed on your side, you are sure to enjoy a well-kept lawn in a fairly less time taken.
8. Ariens Zoom 34 – 19hp Kohler 6000 Series V-Twin 34″ Zero Turn Lawn Mower
This commercial zero turn lawn mower is one of a kind with its 34-inch cutting width and a powerful 19HP/660 cc engine. The machine is a perfect blend of power, efficiency and comfort all rolled into one. The overall build is great, offering a quality in performance and great results to enjoy.
- Features iron cylinder liners for added durability in its engines
- Has an automatic compression release for easy starts
- The machine has a 34-inch cutting deck
- The engine is 19 HP/660 cc
- Features three blade system for clean cutting function
The Final Verdict
This is a wonderful lawn mower if you are dealing with a very large space and require long hours of operations. The functioning is great in this machine, however, there can be a slight getting used to for a few users; nothing that you cannot deal with. The product is pocket-friendly and easy on the tough terrain with great durability. Overall a good buy on good pricing.
9. Poulan Pro PP155H42, 42 in. 15.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic Gas Riding Lawn Mower
- The 42 in Reinforced vented deck draws air from the top of the deck, helping to keep the air flow moving under the deck in longer grass You can also...
- The convenient Auto Hydrostatic Transmission makes speed adjustments easy Simply move the Motion Lever on the fender forward to increase ground speed,...
This is a powerful machine that comes with a 42-inch deck and a 10-year warranty. This lawn mower is one of a kind with its unique Auto Hydrostatic Transmissions. This also allows the users to enjoy swift speed adjustments. The engine is a beast of 155 HP Briggs and Stratton single cylinder Overhead Valve engine. Also, the 6 different cutting positions offer the users freedom and flexibility of use.
- Features an air filter design for more power to the engine
- Comprises of Oscillating Front Axle with 6 in turning radius that gives even cutting results.
- The floating deck included, thus can work on rough terrain
- The Auto Hydrostatic Transmission makes easy speed adjustments
The Final Verdict
This is a great product for those of you who have to deal with large spaces and challenging terrain. This powerful machine is efficient in offering you an even cut in fairly less time. You could get used to the not pedals included in the design in exchange for some great features such as the speed adjustment and the floating decks. Overall a must buy in a good price for a good-looking lawn in less time.
10. Husqvarna YTA24V48 24V Fast Continuously Variable Transmission Pedal Tractor Mower, 48″/Twin
- FAST auto transmission for a maintenance free operation
- Features choke less start, charge port and electric clutch
This is a great model from a reputed and trusted brand of Husqvarna. The machine is powered by an efficient 24 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. The fuel tank is 3 gallons in capacity and is powered by gasoline. The unique feature about this machine is the fact that it includes a front axle made which has durable Chassis. The 10-year warranty that the product comes along with is an added bonus.
- This is powered by a 24 HP Briggs and Stratton engine.
- Various useful accessories are included.
- It also features the Air Induction Mowing Technology.
- It offers the Chokeless start.
The Final Verdict
This is a good buy for those of you who have a large space to mow and need an efficient power machine to help you out. You will have an issue with the reverse action but the durability and the efficiency of the mower are great. Overall a wonderful machine for a quick start and a good job done in a relatively lesser time.
The Buying Guide
Safety tips when working with a commercial zero turn mower
Commercial zero-turn mowers are special machines as they are more powerful and efficient when it comes to their functions. So, when operating one, there are a few safety tips that you can watch out for:
- Read the manual carefully to properly understand the workings of the model. This will offer you a safe ride ahead.
- Follow the instructions and do not ‘do’ something when it is clearly warned for the user in the manual.
- Consider safe zones and do not cross borders like steep slopes and water bodies.
- Be careful when dealing with a slope that is higher than 15 degrees. This calls for a control with the speeds and driving carefully.
The different types of zero-turn mowers
1. Lap bar control
This is a mower which features two bars that appear much like the handlebar of two-wheelers. This is of high efficiency and can control hydrostatic transmissions. The overall operation is relaxed as the lap bar is easy to manage.
2. Steering wheel control
This is a zero-turn mower that features a steering wheel. Much like a regular vehicle, this type offers easy control and maneuverability.
3. Joystick control
This is a remote-controlled type and offers you the comfort of staying at one point while operating the fields without actual ‘driving’.
4. Stand ON/ stand Up mowers
This is perfect for the hilly terrains and offers the user the ability to deal with small spaces as well. The speed is appreciable and easy to manage. Also, the storage is easy as these can fit into small spaces easily
5. Mid-Mount Mowers
These are the shortest as compared to the other models of the commercial zero-turn type. These feature full-deck and are wonderful if you are dealing with large spaces. For any new user, this type is ideal and also offers easy storage. These are also most preferred as they can easily deal with obstacles in the yard.
6. Front Mount Mowers
This model includes the deck in front of the vehicle. This is the best for a high-efficiency cutting function. This model also offers good balance and the user can actually watch the cutting deck while in action. However, this is not a preferred model if you have a sharp edge or a slope.
A commercial zero turn mower is a great machine which is perfect if you are dealing with large yard space. The best part about the commercial zero turn mower is that it can work wonders on challenging terrain with obstacles, weeds and tall grass. The machine features great efficiency when it comes to offering an even-cut lawn in fewer hours. The user must be able to analyze the features that are required for their area of operation. Many times the yard might be of a medium or smaller sized area but, a commercial zero turn mower is required as the terrain for such a yard. Tall grasses, presence of weeds and hilly terrain can be best dealt with a commercial model. However, when selecting the model, it is also advised for the users to be able to check out the accessories and the added features which can be used for the concerned model.