The owners of the lawn are well aware of the maintenance drill. The task is extremely cumbersome and tiresome if you own a larger yard. Although if you succeed in keeping your lawn clean and tidy, it adds natural beauty to your home. However, the way to the allured lawn was not a cakewalk before – the long, manual hours needed to cover every nook and corner proved to be extremely dull, boring, and tedious times. Thanks to our modern technology and science, now we have riding lawn mower to help the humans in cutting, clipping, and trimming all the extended grasses. All those long hours of long now can be done in incredibly less time with almost zero fatigue.
Best Selling Riding Mower Under $1500
It is not an easy task either to find the best match for your lawn as well as your budget. Nevertheless, this article will assist you to find the best riding lawn mower under 1500. These powerful machines are comfortable to use, saves time and energy, and much more efficient than reel mowers. We have put together all the reputed brands with conveniently higher output for you. Therefore, you don’t have to go through the hassle of searching; instead you can confidently invest in one of the five lawn mowers below.
Top Five Riding Lawn Mowers Under $1500 Review
1. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
- Powered by a 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine with top forward speeds of 4.25 MPH and a 6-speed transmission
- The 30-Inch cutting deck featuring 5 adjustable settings couples the benefits of a standard riding mower with the size of a wide cut walk behind mower
The Troy-Bilt 382cc 30 inch Neighboring Riding Lawn Mower takes away the crown in the list of best riding lawn mower under 1500. The homeowners with small to medium yards can easily opt for this to have picture-perfect grasses. This device not only saves your money but also brings burning features to your lawns. The Troy-Bilt is built with premium quality of steel which makes it more sustainable than the usual plastic ones. The astounding features at this reasonable rate makes it top of our list.
- It is powered by a powerful engine of 382CC with Auto Choke OHV engine.
- The topmost speed is 4.5 MPH which has six different speed transmissions.
- It’s aided with a 30-inch cutting deck. Moreover, added with 5 adjustable settings.
- Front Wheels: 13×5 inch. Rear Wheels: 16×6.5 inches. The turning radius is as wide as 18-inch.
- It has Manual power to start for easier management.
- Highly Durable
- Powerful Engine
- Easy to Use
- Highly efficient
- Great for medium sized lawns
- Brilliant maneuverability
- Less efficient on larger surfaces
- Higher chances to scalp tougher yards
- Not recommended for thin terrains
The Troy-Bilt 382cc is a jackpot for the homeowners who want a reasonable lawn mower with lawns ranging from small to moderate. It is highly capable of taking care of the grasses. They cut the grasses evenly throughout the area. It deficits the wide cutting deck feature which comes with more premium, costly mowers. Nevertheless, the Troy-Bilt is ideal for the owners who want to store it in their garage or shade, without consuming much space. Without a doubt, it delivers top notch performance with user-friendly manual compact model.
2. Husqvarna YTH18542 Riding Lawn Mower
- 18.5 hp Briggs and Stratton Intek engine offers powerful performance
- Foot pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission allows you to change speed and direction, which lets you keep both hands on the steering wheel for...
The Husqvarna YTH18542 is a user friendly, pocket friendly, and comes in a compact size to the homeowners. This lawn mower handles bigger landscapes gracefully. Husqvarna YTH18542 brings amazing cruise control which is a blessing for owners of larger lawns. The top dog company Husqvarna has equipped impressive features within such a cheap price range. The usual quality control of Husqvarna, it has a sturdy built for higher sustainability rate. Moreover, mounts of fender and seat are also adjustable for customer’s convenience. One of the key factors of Husqvarna YTH18542 is the hydrostatic transmission systems which offer stability and durability than other modes of transmission. This land mower can move around easily overcoming obstacles and other pebbles and stones.
- This is one of the best riding lawn mowers under 1500 to offer 18.5 HP bearing with powerful Briggs and Stratton Intek engine for a magnificent performance.
- The wide range of turning radius of about 16-inch facilitates the users to twist and turn in a narrow place too.
- The user-friendly foot pedaled hydrostatic transmission allows the homeowner to turn the direction of the tractor along with speed without taking the hands off the steering.
- Reverse technology is fitted.
- Adjustable 13’’ mid-back seat.
- It includes a 42-inch cutting deck with dual anti scalp wheels and air induction.
- Top class design
- Strong, durable, good engine
- Cruise Control
- Easy to function
- Articulate cutting action
- Smallar gas tank
- Maintenance is cumbersome
Husqvarna YTH18542 is worthy to grab to take care of your larger lawn mower. The sturdy built, stunning features, headlights, and easy to function makes this model one of the toppers in the list. The machine is capable of function for many years inclusive rough and heavy usage. The precision of its cutting ability deserves the buy.
3. Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER
Within the name Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER, it includes “classic”, therefore it is anticipated to deliver better performance. A couple of years back, they shot through the market of zero-turn and garden mowers with its innovative features. The characteristic five speed disc drive system made a quite hubbub in the market. The problem with older better models is their rates are higher than the average and not easily available either. But if you plan your buy through sales, you can easily afford this beast!
- The machine comes with a powerful 11.5 HP Briggs and Stratton Engine. It also has inbuilt Power 4-cycle OHV aiding the engine.
- It is designed as a vertical standing stage, therefore it helps the homeowner to store the Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER in a smaller place.
- The five speed transmission system has proved to be efficient. It adds to the user-friendly list while smoothly switching to other speeds.
- Compact 28-inch size.
Easy to function the mower
- Durable build and user friendly designs
- It can be used in small, medium, and large lawns.
- Convenient design to change blades easily
- Cuts the grass exceptionally well
- Trouble free storage
- Smooth five speed transmission
- Other accessories are to be bought separately
- Louder than other models
- Occasionally expensive
The Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER is a stunning rear engine rider that will perfectly serve your purpose. The device is very easy and comfortable to use. All the clipping and cutting of grasses will be done lucidly. Although, the size might be small, the performance is stronger. The machine can get a little expensive but if you plan accordingly then you can bring it down to your desired price.
4. Troy-Bilt 540cc Briggs and Stratton Intek Engine – 2018
- Powered by a reliable 19 HP/540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek engine and a Foot-Pedal automatic transmission
- Featuring power and operator comfort, this automatic mower is ideal for mowing large areas
The Troy-Bilt 540cc comes in two editions. No customer will regret buying either of it for their lawns. But, as the year advances, technologies get smarter and easier to handle, therefore edition 2018 looks boulder and stronger than before. They are the ultimate buy from the list of best riding lawn mower under 1500 as it brings 2 years of warranty with it. The powerful engine coupled with foot pedaled automatic transmission makes this machine the perfect toll for lawn mowing.
The Troy-Bilt model is engineered by 19HP/540cc of Briggs and Stratton Intek engine. It also has foot paddled automatic transmission.
- It is featured with reverse technology for better moving around the lawn.
- It has inculcated as big as 46 inches mowing deck on the side for discharge.
- Along with user friendly powerful operation, the automatic mower is a perfect fit for larger lawns.
- The steering is appropriately sensitive to allow the customer to drive comfortably. The mid back seat also adds in a user’s comfort.
- The product – Troy-Bilt 540cc comes with a limited warranty of 2 years.
- Easy to Function
- Reverse technology is smooth
- Soft touch steering
- Ideal for bigger lawns
- Comfy mid back seat
- The sustainability of the blades may not be good. After regular usage, it has chances to lose the sharpness relatively faster than other models
- Not recommended for small or medium lawns
The Troy-Bilt 540cc has a sturdy build to go on assisting the customers for years. The soft touch steering and advanced reverse technology make the task easier for the homeowners. Since the machine is oriented for larger lawns; therefore all the needed features are well equipped.
5. Craftsman T135 18.5 HP Briggs & Stratton 46-Inch Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower
- POWERFUL BRIGGS AND STRATTON GAS ENGINE WITH READY START: Powerful gas engine suitable for larger yard jobs while ready start technology provides a...
- 46-INCH CUTTING DECK WITH INCLUDED DECK WASH: Lawn tractor comes equipped with wide 46-Inch cutting deck for cutting, trimming, and clipping grass in...
The Craftsman T150 Lawn Mower is one of the most powerful best riding lawn mower under 1500. It not only cuts the grass articulately perfect but also effortlessly. The heavy-duty machine starts with one turn of the key and goes on maintaining the constant power without seriously overheating the machine. The Craftsman T150 Lawn Mower can move forward with a speed as high as 17 MPH. For further comfort of the user, high back seats are cushioned which offer utmost support while driving over lawns.
- As all other powerful engines, it also has 18.5HP Briggs and Stratton equipped with an auto start mode gas engine.
- To facilitate cutting, clipping, trimming at one go, it’s added with a 46-inch cutting deck including wash!
- For a smooth experience, manufacturers added hydro transmission.
- Front Wheels: 15 inches, Back Wheels: 20 inches for quicker maneuvering around the lawn.
- It also features Reverse Technology.
- It comes with a highly supportive and comfortable cushioned high seat at the back.
- Brings extraordinary features with a reasonable price tag
- Easy to handle
- Strong, powerful, durable engine
- Seamless cutting
- Maintenance is mandatory or else parts are vulnerable to damage
People who have used Craftsman T135, they have become loyal to the company and model. Customers have provided satisfied and happy reviews to model, so we can safely recommend this model. Sometimes, the sturdy machine’s price gets a bit higher, but if you patiently wait, you’ll grab this extraordinary lawn mower to make your hassles easier. In fact, you can tide the mower at low light too with the help of LED headlights.
How to make the right choice for riding Lawn Mower?
There are varieties of lawn mowers pouring over the market. It is a very confusing chore to select the right one for your lawn. But how would you know which is the perfect fit for you? Although there is no lawn that resembles the other, we will take you through the general steps of the significant criteria before you go shopping.
The first thing you need is to figure out the measurement of the lawn. Even a rough estimation will do. The general principle is the larger the lawn, greater will be the cutting edges. Therefore, if you have a large and open yard, consider buying the larger size of cutting width. You will receive several ranges of sizes of width. It starts from 28 inches to 60 inches. Typically, this table will give you the common idea you need for your lawn:
- If the lawn is from 3/4th acre to 1 acre, then a lawn mower of 30inch to 42-inch cutting edge will suffice.
- If the lawn is from 1-acre to 2-acre, then a lawn mower of 42-inch to 52-inch cutting edge will suffice.
- If the lawn is from 2-acre to 3-acre, then a lawn mower of 50-inch to 54-inch cutting edge will suffice.
- If the lawn is from 3-acre to 5-acre, then a lawn mower of 54-inch to 62-inch cutting edge will suffice.
- If the lawn is 5-acre, then a lawn mower of 60-inch or greater cutting edge will suffice.
However, if your lawn has plenty of obstacles like birdbaths, trees, flower beds, bushes, etc then one should opt for a riding lawn mower that is small enough to pass through those tight ways.
This is another mandatory checkout before going shopping. If you want your mower to compliment your lawn, then buy the correct turning radius size. The range of sizes starts from 4 inches and goes till 28 inches of tolerating turning radius. Now, if your garden comes with several obstacles then you should opt for a zero-turn radius lawnmower.
Zero Turn Radius (or ZTR) Lawnmowers are specially designed for handling lawns of obstacles. These special mowers are built with front caster wheels that turn around at through tight passageways. They can make a swifter turn than of typical garden or lawnmower. The controls of zero-turn radius mowers are easy too. Either a pair of levers or a steering wheel will do just fine. ZTR seems to be almost perfect, but it carries a few disadvantages too. It is not as versatile as a tractor. It also performs badly on steep terrains. It takes a steeper curve which makes it difficult to cut the grass accordingly. But the virtues overshadow the flaws – the precision of grass cutting is unbelievable, it has higher speed in the forward direction, and it cuts fantastically around trees, pebbles, bushes, flower beds, etc.
There are different types of transmissions are available in the market. We will put down the usage of every type so that you can decide which one suits you the best.
As the name suggests, the change in a different range of speeds has to be done manually. Yet, in this transmission, you will receive more varieties than in any other. If you are keen on this type, then select the mower where shifting up or down is not limited by the use of the clutch.
If you already know how to drive a car, then riding the mower with automatic transmission is just like that. The customer can easily control the speed by using the gas pedal below. This feature is very helpful as it supports sudden changes in speeds. For example – Out of nowhere if you notice a sudden obstacle, then slowing the machine at once is favorable.
The hydrostatic transmission shares almost the same mechanism as of automatic transmission. The difference is hydrostatic uses fluid instead of belts (like automatic transmission) to relocate the power from the engine to the wheels. The hydrostatic transmission performs better than automatic. It needs less attention to its maintenance, durable, and gives smooth, comfortable rides.
This is the deciding factor whether to buy this or that lawnmower. Let us start with what does an engine horsepower indicates. The HP or engine horsepower only speaks the speed of mowing and how speedily the blades will turn. The HP falls in the range from 12 to 26. As the survey reports say, a riding lawn mower of around 20 HP will be enough for a typical lawn owner. The other significant factors related to engines are engine type, cooling system, air filtering system, oil filtering system, engine torque, and engine displacement.
This states the size of the cylinder used in the engine. Normally, manufacturers measure it with a cc or cubic centimeter unit. The general rule is higher the cc, the stronger will be the engine.
The rule that works here is single cylinder engines are apt for smaller lawns whereas twin cylinder engines are recommended for medium to large lawns. It is no rocket science behind this, as the larger area needs a stronger engine to work. The V-twin engines also make less vibration – user-friendly attribute. Within technicality terms, lesser vibration prevents wear of the machine.
Engine Torque Measurement
This explains the force by which the mower will cut the grasses. Therefore the higher the torque (ft-lbs / foot- pound), the better is the efficiency in cutting thicker, longer grasses.
The cooling system works to keep the temperature within the engine low. This helps to burn the fuel cleaner – environmentally friendly. The coupling of less temperature and effective fuel burning leads to longer sustainability of engines. Normally, a V-twin engine has better life performance.
The air filter system works to prevent dust from entering the engines.
Oil Filtering System
The oil filtering system helps to enhance the live performance of the engines. It needs to be periodically changed twice.
What do you want to do with your grasses?
There are owners with several ideas on how to make their lawn elegant. Therefore, three types of clippings are available to suit your needs.
Side Discharge Mowers
These types of mowers are well suited to owners who have thick or long grasses. The clippings are done directly and you might need to dispose of them manually after the clipping has been completed.
Bagger Capable Mowers
The name gives away the feature of this mower. This mower allows you to attach a bag, which you need to buy separately. This mower prevents the spreading of weed seeds and aids in keeping the lawn cleaner. During the fall, the bag facilitates collecting the leaves into it. However, the bag needs to discharge manually which might add few time while clipping tall grasses.
Mulching Capable Mowers
It is another additional feature where it allows the customer to attach a kit with the mower. Within this kit, the clippings will be converted into mulch, therefore resulting into adding nutrients back into the soil. The mulching kit comes with blades to cut the thicker or taller grasses into smaller pieces. A plug will be present where you can store the clippings.
The article explains the key features which are required for a lawn mower along with the chart of best riding lawn mower under 1500. The list has been made with thorough research. You are recommended to double check with your choice to our checklist. Now, you can bid farewell to your overgrown, thick grasses in your yard.