Best Selling Cutting Chainsaw for Firewood
Are you looking for a chainsaw to cut firewood? If so, we have got you a list of the best chainsaw for firewood. Using a chainsaw will help you complete the job faster and easier. Check out which one best suits your budget and requirements.
Best Cutting Chainsaw for Firewood Review
1. DEWALT DCCS620B Firewood Cutting Chainsaw
- Cordless chainsaw comes with low kick back 12-inch bar and chain for construction and outdoor cutting applications
- Compact, lightweight design (just 9 lbs. with battery) of the battery chainsaw for maximum user control
To top the list is Dewalt DCCS620B firewood cutting chainsaw, an excellent tool to help you cut through firewood easily. And not just firewood, but anything else you want to cut up. Of the many incredible features, the best ones include super-efficient motor, lightweight (9lbs only), compact design, minimum kickback action and easy-to-handle. The best part about it is the affordability.
Dewalt is into the business of manufacturing chainsaws for long and they make some of the most extraordinary models. The Dewalt DCCS620B is an effective chainsaw that is very easy to install and use. With just a few maneuvers, it allows you to cut up any kind of firewood.
However, there’s a downside that makes a user think twice before buying this product. It overheats sometimes and its durability is also questioned. In addition to this, it requires a great deal of maintenance.
- Super-efficient motor
- Minimum kickback action
- Compact design
2. Husqvarna 460 Rancher Chainsaw
- 460 Rancher chainsaw is a robust all-round saw for jobs that need a longer Bar
- 2 cycle engine with intertia activated chain brake for safety while operating
Husqvarna 460 Rancher is known for its excellent performance and high-quality design. This is one of the best chainsaws for firewood and a favorite of many. A gas-powered chainsaw weighing 13 pounds, 460 Rancher is 24inches long, used LowVib features and runs of 2-cycle engine. With minimum vibration features, it helps you handle it with ease without any accidental mishandling. Its side-mounted chain brake enables you to cut firewood with much ease, efficiency and flexibility. Currently, it is the best chainsaw you will find in the market for cutting firewood.
Regardless of the kind of project you are on, you can use and manage the Husqvarna 460 Rancher easily. With its easy-handle features that reduce vibrations, you can say anything you want using this chainsaw. Moreover, it is highly straightforward to maneuver and it is also easy to understand how to add gas and handle the chainsaw. It is well-made with high power and efficiency.
- LowVib features
- Balanced weight of 13 pounds
- Side-mounted chain brake
- Runs on 2-cycle engine
- Gas-powered chainsaw
3. WORX WG304.1 Firewood Chainsaw
- 15.0 Amp motor output delivers a more powerful cutting performance to the extended, 18-inch bar
- Patented auto-tension chain system prevents over-tightening; stays at the right tension for hundreds of uses
The WORX WG304 firewood chainsaw is one of the most budget-friendly chainsaws you can buy for cutting firewood. It comes with excellent features at a highly affordable price range. With a patented auto-tension system, this chainsaw maintains the right tension for hundreds of uses and you need not worry about over-tightening or additional maintenance of the product.
WORX WG304.1 boasts of an oil reservoir and automatic oil lubrication that shows an indicator on the window. It helps you know how much oil is there and if you need to add some to continue the cutting job you are on. It also comes with a 3-year warranty service, making it one of the trusted brands of chainsaws.
However, like every other product, it also has some downsides. The materials used to build the chainsaw are of plastic, which makes it difficult to replace them if need be. But, it is still a good deal compared to its price range.
- Automatic oil lubrication and oil reservoir
- Patented auto-tension system
- 3-year warranty
4. BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 40V Cordless Chainsaw
- 12-INCH CORDLESS ELECTRIC CHAINSAW - 40V MAX battery-powered chainsaw with extended runtime
- SMOOTH, FAST CUTS - OREGON low-kickback bar and chain for easy and efficient cutting
BLACK+DECKER is a brand manufacturing most reliable and affordable product of home improvement. Being in the business since 1910, they have built a powerful reputation in the industry. Even though the LCS1240 is not a bad product by the brand, it is also not a bad choice to make considering its features and price. It will still work efficiently for your purpose of cutting firewood.
On buying this product, you will be assured with great customer service as BLACK+DECKER is known for its fantastic customer satisfactory services. Being a potential buyer, this is something which is one of the basic points of consideration. Another significant feature of the LCS1240 is that it is very powerful, strong with 40V MAX Lithium-ion battery which remains charged for a long time. It has got convenient handles and also wraps around well. This one is easy to use firewood chainsaw which maneuvers brilliantly and you can control it comfortably.
One of the downsides of this product is that it is a bit expensive. However, it is one of the most noteworthy firewood chainsaws mentioned in this list.
- Lithium-ion battery
- Convenient handles
- Easy to use and control
5. Greenworks Pro GCS80420 Chainsaw
- Get up to 150 cuts on 4x4 lumber on a single charge with included 2.0Ah battery
- 18 inch bar and chain can be used to cut trees and limbs up to 34 inches in diameter.
It is one of the best battery chainsaws that is no less in performance as compared to the gas chainsaws when it is about firewood cutting. This Greenworks battery chainsaw has got all the features similar to a gas-powered model but saves you the hassle of cleaning air filters, mixing fuel, maintaining a carburetor engine and changing spark plugs.
If this is what you expect from your chainsaw for firewood, Greenworks Pro GCS80420 is among the best models you can purchase this year. It delivers professional results and solid performance.
- Light in weight (10 pounds)
- Single battery charge gives 30-45 minutes of cutting time
- Automatic fixed-flow oiler.
- Tool-less chain tensioning
6. Remington RM4618 Chainsaw
- HIGH OUTPUT ENGINE WITH 18-INCH BAR AND CHAIN: 46cc full crank 2 cycle engine provides greater power and less vibration. Premium 18-Inch bar and...
- QUICKSTART TECHNOLOGY: Designed for quicker, smoother and easier pull starts allowing you to get to work right away on yard work, lawn care, and other...
If you are looking forward to buying a budget-friendly gas chainsaw for cutting firewood, Remington RM4618 Chainsaw can be the best choice. It is half the rate of the Husqvarna model mentioned above, but that doesn’t make it any less for cutting through wood. It does a great job!
It may not be as powerful as other priced chainsaw models (consider Husqvarna) but still offers high performance and desired results.
- Has quick-start technology
- Automatic adjustable flow oiler
- 5-point anti-vibration system
- Tool-less chain tensioner
- 18-inch bar length
- Manual chain brake
7. Husqvarna 455 Rancher Chainsaw
- 455 Rancher chainsaw is an ideal saw for landowners or homeowners who require a high powered and heavy duty chainsaw
- 55. 5cc 20 inch gas chainsaw with guide bar and chain
This one from Husqvarna is the 455 Rancher, a gas-powered chainsaw that is one of the most effective chainsaws for cutting firewood. If you want one of the leading brand products for cutting wood, this is the model to buy this year.
Husqvarna is among the most popular brands of chainsaw existing in the home improvement industry since 1689. Purchasing a product by this manufacturer can never be a wrong decision. You may need to pay a high price for this model, but every penny is worth spending for such a sleek and efficient chainsaw.
The most significant thing about the 455 Rancher by Husqvarna is that it is the lightest of all gas-powered tools you will ever find to cut firewood. It is almost half the weight (only 11lbs) of most of the other chainsaws on the list.
- X-Torq engine, which produces lower emissions
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Inertia-activated chain brake
- Automatic adjustable flow oiler
- Centrifugal air cleaning system
8. Oregon Cordless CS300-R7 chainsaw
- Brushless motor provides increased efficiency and power output
- PowerSharp chain minimizes downtime by allowing you to sharpen your chain right on the saw within seconds. The chain stays oiled using the built-in...
This one is yet another lightweight best chainsaw for cutting firewood that you can buy. The Oregon Cordless CS300-R7 chainsaw. With only 12 pounds of weight, it is a compact, portable chainsaw that delivers great power to cut through big trees.
One of the best features of this model is its ability of self-sharpening, that too within a few seconds. It has got a PowerSharp sharpening system. If you are worried about the difficulty to start the chainsaw, we have got you good news. This Oregon model doesn’t show any difficulty to start that results due to dull blades. It starts with just a click of a button, it’s that simple!
It’s brushless motor renders consistent torque and power with its 40V high power battery. It is versatile and suitable for any job you wish to do.
Users also appreciate its tool-less chain tension system, which helps in seamless adjustments. You can get more amount of work done with no hassle. It offers different battery options. The recommended is 6.0Ah, the long-lasting and largest of all.
- PowerSharp self-sharpening systems
- Tool-less tension mechanism
- High performance with a high motor, which gives faster cutting speed and power
- No cord pulling, warm-ups, gas oil-mixing and emission to start
- 40V MAX Lithium-ion power
- Can cut 600 branches with one single battery charge
- Premium cell technology
9. Zombi ZCS12017 13-AMp Corded Electric Chainsaw
- Powerful 13 amp capable of cutting through tough cutting jobs
- 16 inch auto lubricating Oregon Bar and chain
The Zombi brans are among the most reputed chainsaw manufacturers that offer products with high durability and high-power. This product is a 13Amp corded chainsaw that is capable of giving competition to a 2-stroke engine with the help of its 16inch bar length. It is designed to cut wood efficiently and smoothly. It is perfect for cutting wood for a longer period of time. It has got a minimal kickback chain and bar, featuring a balanced grip for long working hours. It boats anti-vibration technology that makes it easier to use and control.
With a weight of 13.5 pounds, it is a larger corded version of the brand manufactured for high power and has low-maintenance requirements. If you are looking forward to buying a quick chainsaw, this is the best pick for you.
This product can handle both light and medium cutting jobs. However, it lacks a sturdy design of that of the more expensive brands.
- 13Amp power to carry out difficult cutting jobs
- Safety lock button
- Front hand guard for improved safety
- Molded handle wrapped with rubber for additional comfort
- Tool-less chain tensioner or steel bucking heavy duty teeth
10. Ego Power-Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw
- Speed: 6800 RPM
- Battery and Charger Not Included
Ego Power + Lithium-ion cordless chainsaw is among the most used chainsaw across the world. It also holds a tag of ‘Amazon’s choice’ when it comes to choosing from the best EGO chainsaws. It has a guide bar of 14 inches and a minimal kickback, which allows you to manipulate the model the way you want.
The EGO Power model is one of the effective cordless chainsaws for cutting firewood, which comes similar benefits of all its other cordless chainsaw types and also accompanies similar issues. It features the capability of being transported to any place and you can use it until the battery is completely exhausted.
You do not need gasoline or fuel sources to start this chainsaw for cutting firewood. As such, it doesn’t produce any harmful fumes while in use. It has got a brushless motor that ensures longer durability than other models in this list of best chainsaws for cutting firewood. It is available at a reasonable price as compared to its amazing benefits.
- Cordless chainsaw that depends on the battery
- 56V voltage
- Lithium-ion 2.0Ah & 2.5Ah
- Low kickback bar
- 043inch gauge chain
- 14inch bar and chain length
- 5-year limited period warranty
- 3-year warranty on the battery kit
- Can cut woods of almost 24.5inches thickness
- Highly safe to use
- Rechargeable battery
Buying guide to get the best chainsaw for cutting firewood
While buying a perfect chainsaw, there are a few things to keep in mind. Let us check out the most significant things to consider.
- Ease of use
The first thing to consider while buying a chainsaw for cutting firewood is its durability. It is because your chainsaw must be capable of withstanding some pressure and rigor. Check if it has a powerful engine and voltage. If it doesn’t withstand pressure and rigor, it is not the right product to meet your cutting requirements. Even if you get one, it won’t last long as another efficient product form a much popular brand (sometimes even the same brand). A chainsaw that doesn’t show strong durability is of no use for a longer period of time. You will be just investing money into the wrong thing.
Ease of Use
Another thing to keep in mind while purchasing a chainsaw for cutting firewood is how easy it is to use the cutting tool. If you think it will be difficult or time-taking to set up or handle the tool, it is not worth your money. A chainsaw must come with hassle-free handling and setup to deliver powerful performance. A difficult-to-use chainsaw consumes more time and needs you to fiddle with the product constantly, which gets annoying after a few rounds.
A product that is easy to handle, use and setup, saves you time and makes the job easier as well. You will then enjoy the cutting task you are into and it also reduces the hassles and any other small hiccups while you use it.
It is in some way related to ease of use. There are several factors on which weight of a chainsaw depends and there are also times when the weight of your chainsaw doesn’t matter at all. However, it is always beneficial to have a chainsaw that is light in weight so it makes it easy to handle and use. With a lightweight chainsaw, you can cut quicker, safer and more efficiently.
If you are not able to handle your chainsaw well, it is of no good use. When choosing a chainsaw for cutting firewood, make sure you are able to handle it easily without any serious hassle. You must be able to cut through light, medium and extremely thick wood easily, depending on your cutting needs. The chainsaw you choose for the job should cut through wood without you making any extra effort. You also need to look upon your concerns and fears on mishandling the chainsaw due to its poor design.
Choosing the best chainsaw for cutting firewood allows you to do the job with much ease. You make an investment that brings you value for a longer period of time. Out of the above-mentioned effective chainsaws for cutting firewood, choose the one that suits your requirements in the best way possible.